Del Tha Ghost Rapper (also known as Del the Ghost) is the ghost of Russel Hobbs' late friend who was killed in a drive-by shooting.
He was based on the American underground hip hop rapper, Del The Funky Homosapien (also stylized as Del The Funkee Homosapien).
Del was gunned down in a drive-by shooting along with Russel's other high school friends one night outside a 7-Eleven Store. Almost immediately after his death, Del's spirit took residence inside of Russel's body along with other friends.
During the band's first hiatus, Del was exorcised from Russel's body, afterwards Del and Russel bid farewell to each other before Del finally went to his proper resting place in the afterlife.
From this point to the present, Del hasn't made any appearance (not even a cameo) since his departure to the afterlife, although on occasion, a band member would mention him and his exorcism. He was partially responsible for assisting the Gorillaz in composing the band's hit single, "Clint Eastwood", which sent the band on its way to super-stardom.
Del made his first appearance in the video "Clint Eastwood" while rapping, leaving the other band members dumbfounded.
In the video "Rock the House", Del was shown outfitted with protective gear and helmet dressed as "Mr. Freedom".
- "When he let's go of that break, man, it's gonna be like Evel Knievel's stunt bike plowin' through a whole platoon of 2 inch plastic German ground troops." (Quote from "Jump the Gut")
- "This is just one bet you're gonna lose." (Quote from "Jump the Gut")
- "He's never gonna clear that gut! Russel's been taxi catering all day and he's coming in way overweight!" (Quote from "Jump the Gut")
- "I'm highly animated, even though I'm decomposing!"( Quote from Rock The House)
- "Finally, someone let me out of my cage!" (Quote from Clint Eastwood)
|The full image gallery for Del may be viewed at Del/Gallery.|